Monday, April 03, 2006

March Highlights and April Goal

As I've already mentioned, I was fortunate enough to get a bonus last month, which helped increase my net worth. Other than a few neccessary large expenses (mainly 4 new tires for my car) I really cut back on my spending in March. I've been keeping the temperature in my home lower to cut on utility bills, and making a point to turn things off when I'm not using them. I made large contributions to my 401k account, and the stock market did well last month, which resulted in the large gain I had this month for stocks.

I know future months won't be quite so good, and I need to keep my expectations realistic. My goal for the month of April will be to increase my net worth by $1,600, which I think is a very reachable target for myself.

No comments: