Thursday, March 30, 2006

Looking forward to tomorrow

Tomorrow is Friday! I'm really looking forward to it. We're having a team meeting at work (which means free lunch.) It's the end of the work week. And it's the end of the month, which means... time to update my net worth spreadsheet.

I'm a bit embarassed that I'm so happy about it, but I've done really well this month. It's the end of the term for our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) so that should boost things a bit. We get a 15% discount and our company stock has done fairly well. I'm nervous about relying too much on our company, since my whole paycheck comes from them to begin with, but I figure an extra 1% of my income wouldn't be too big of a risk. I'm lowering the percent of my 401k that is currently in our company stock from 4% to 3% to make up for it, and may lower it even further when I rebalance at the end of the year.

I also got a bonus this month, which I never even saw. 30% went to my 401k, 27% to taxes, and the rest went right to ING. Since my credit cards are all at 0% interest, I'm not paying them off right away and am earning interest on the money instead. Because of this, I'm not counting it towards my emergency fund, even though the balance keeps getting bigger.

Between the extra income and my normal savings rate, it should be a nice update, and I feel a bit giddy. Anyone else ever look forward to updating?

1 comment:

. said...

I totally look forward to updating! In fact, I have to restrain myself from doing mid-month updates.