Thursday, March 30, 2006

I love my car

I really love my car: a 1992 Toyota Corolla. It's the first car I ever had, and I own it outright which makes me even happier. (It was really more of a hand-me-down, but it suits me very well.) It may not be much to look at, at it may not be worth much, but it's been very reliable and it gets me where I'm going. Other than routine maintenance, I haven't had much work done on it. But given its advanced age, I've been getting worried that I may need to start looking for a replacement.

While visiting two dealerships for freebies tonight I checked out a few used cars, but was fairly unimpressed. I'll need to keep checking for privately owned cars, I guess. Is it really too much to ask to find a well maintained car with good gas mileage that's cheap and looks nice? I doubt I could find one I like if I also want to get it from a dealer with any sort of warranty.

No comments: