Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'm back

A lot has changed for me over the past year, and yet a lot has stayed the same.

Different:
  • I now live alone.
  • I am now single.
  • My job has changed scope and focus.
And yet so similar:
  • I live in the same place.
  • I'm still very close with my ex.
  • I still work for the same company, in the same group, in the same building.
  • I still have the same overall financial goals and am still working toward them.

Since this is a financial blog and not a personal one, the only relevance my dating status has is that I am now solely responsible for all the household expenditures and upkeep. When I was living with someone, we split the utilities and mortgage payment based on the percentage of the household income we had. My cost of living has gone up slightly, while my living standard has probably decreased somewhat.

My new responsibilities at work have given me the possibility of getting a promotion or a raise, both of which would be very welcome. It comes with much more responsibility and a greater workload, but I feel it is generally a good opportunity for me, and a chance for me to show what I can really do, while broadening my future options.

And, dispite all my ups and downs, and lack of posts, I've still be very closely monitoring my finances and making great progress towards my goals. Speaking of which - I think I'm long overdue for a monthly update.

No comments: